I recently had the honor of being interviewed for The Jazz Spotlight’s Podcast. The podcast is a great resource for indie musicians, so I recommend you check it out.
- Today’s music business model
- Why you should stop thinking exclusively like a musician and start thinking like a musician-entrepreneur
- The online music business school New Artist Model and what he can do for you
- Mistakes that are hurting musicians
- Why you should think in terms of DIWO (Do It With Other) rather than DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Gigs as an opportunity to create a community, promote and drive sales
- How having an email list can get you your next gig
- Marketing tip for musicians
You can also check out the entire podcast series in iTunes.