What is the Get Your Music Licensed program anyway?
Get Your Music Licensed is an online music licensing class created by songwriter and composer Joyce Kettering. The program walks you through a very practical approach to license your music. You’ll learn how to prepare your songs and tracks for music licensing, the best sites to license your music, how to submit to production music libraries and music supervisors, how to network in the publishing industry, and how to keep yourself motivated. AND you’ll get 100+ free licensing leads to get started.
I don’t have a music publisher. How do I license my music?
Yes, yes YES! You do not need a music publisher to license a song. Especially today, the licensing industry is more open and accessible than ever for indie musicians and anyone can get a synchronization license.
That being said… it does mean you need to put in the work to get things going. But luckily, the Get Your Music Licensed program walks you through all of that so you don’t need to figure it out on your own 🙂
What if I don’t live in the US? Will this apply to me?
Joyce actually lives in France, so this program is 100% applicable internationally. Joyce has taught students from the US, Russia, and many other countries. The internet has actually opened up the licensing industry internationally and a lot of the work you will do to license your music will be online. That means you can be successful no matter what country you’re based in.
I write in a really crazy genre. Will this apply to me?
Yes! In fact, Joyce has found that people who write in niche genres may actually have an easier time licensing their music. There’s less competition, and once you establish yourself, you can be the go-to person for music in your niche.
Get Your Music Licensed won’t waste your time getting you to conform to the “most popular” licensing genres. Instead, you’ll learn how to find opportunities to get placements for the music you really enjoy writing.
Who is the Get Your Music Licensed program for?
- Songwriters and composers who want to focus solely on writing music for films, TV, advertising, and more. So if you’re not into touring but still want to make good money from music, this program will show you how.
- Musicians who write their own songs and want to make some extra money on the side with song licensing. If you own the rights to your music you can license it. You’ll learn how to get your music in music libraries, which can be a great passive income stream for bands that are also touring and recording.
- Older musicians who have built up a big song catalog of songs who maybe aren’t interested in grinding the gigging scene anymore. Your catalog of songs will be an invaluable resource to plug into music licensing!
Who is this program NOT for?
- If you don’t have any songs recorded, you won’t be able to take full advantage of this music licensing course. We recommend you focus on writing and recording a few demo-quality songs first so you have something to pitch. Then you can come back and join the program 🙂
- If you don’t want to put in the work to get yourself off the ground, you should probably click off this page right now. In today’s music industry you need to set the groundwork for your own career. No music publisher or music publishing company is going to swoop you up and take care of you until you establish yourself as a worthwhile investment.
How much time do I have to dedicate to this?
The program is designed to take 6 weeks with about at least an hour’s work per week. BUT, you can go at your own pace. You get 90 days access to all the training.
How soon will I start seeing results?
The results you get are directly related to the amount of work you put in and how far along you are already. If you already have a catalog of great quality recordings that are ready to send out for licensing placements, you should be able to see results quicker.
If your tracks aren’t ready for music licensing yet, don’t worry! Joyce will walk you through the process step by step in the program.
If you put in the work, you should start seeing results in a few months, although we can’t guarantee anything. Joyce will teach you the long game. You’ll see exactly what it takes to create recurring revenue that grows over time.
What if I sign up and don’t like it?
We have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – sign up for either version of Get Your Music Licensed and if for any reason you don’t think it’s for you – just ask for your money back within 30 days and receive a complete refund.