Turn Your Song Catalog Into Money
What our members say…
“Out of the classes I have taken, Joyce Kettering’s program is my favorite. No crazy promises, no taking advantage of people’s dreams and insecurities… just grounded, clear info and a realistic long-haul trajectory of making money doing what I love in the way I do it best!”
“What initially attracted me to this course is that it’s taught by a person who has already slogged thru, already made the mistakes, already done the research and is actually earning revenue from sync licensing. If you want a detailed roadmap for starting and building up a sync licensing business around your music, look no further. The time you’ll save in research alone is worth more than what the course costs.”
“I have learned so much through the course itself and most of all, the live discussions. The biggest benefit is the 1 on 1 encouragement and the confidence I get moving forward.”
“Hey Joyce. Wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the course. I could tell again from the call yesterday that you are genuinely interested in the student’s progress and success.”
“The program is AWESOME! I’ve taken other licensing courses and that there is no comparison. This gives you all the tools you need to get organized and submit your music and increase your odds. And Joyce is there for you. She really cares, vets her leads and knows what she’s talking about. The community alone is worth the price of admission. It’s great to have someone like Joyce in your corner.”
“Joyce teaches you everything you need to know to locate your own clients and have your music properly prepared to submit to them, thus bypassing extraneous gatekeepers along the way. The very same music that gatekeepers rejected is now earning thousands of dollars for me yearly because I learned to locate and deal with end users, music libraries, and music supervisors.”
“Good talk on today’s call. Thanks to all the contributors! After our call I applied to AudioSparx and listed 3 of my songs. They say they’ll get back to me in a couple days!”
“Having this class is a great tool. To be honest I’ve never thought I was good at the networking/biz. So I appreciate what this class has done for me already and see how it can be of great value to many!”
“I’ve started the course and it actually helped me with some songwriting ideas for some new things I’m working on, and also helped me find some other genres that my existing songs fit into. This is excellent! This course is forcing me to be much better at this game than I’ve been before, and well worth the price. It’s like having a career coach specifically for my songwriting career. I’m so glad I signed up for this. I could have used this course about 7 yrs ago when I was first trying to figure all of this out.”
“Thanks Joyce! I’ve recommended your approach to a couple friends who are wrestling with the “need to be perfectly produced” and sho needed that down-to-earth, ands-on, get-your-stuff out there approach which your provide.”
Why Enroll in this program?
24 actionable video lessons to get your music licensed
- How to find quality music licensing opportunities with libraries that fit your genre
- How to setup your tracks so they appear at the top of the search results in music libraries
- How to double your musical output, improve your songwriting, and build your catalogue
- How to identify your ideal customer and start building a relationship with music supervisors, music libraries, and content creators
- How to build a professional presence for your music
- How to keep your momentum and move on when you fail
100+ licensing leads with music libraries, music supervisors and publishers
- 100+ well-vetted and current licensing leads to submit your music to
- See how to license your songs for TV, films, games, digital media and more
Checklists, tips & tricks and inspiration to stay motivated and on track
- Periodic review tools to keep an eye on your progress
- Blueprint and template to reach out and meet new people
- Tips and tricks to create your own licensing opportunities
- Learn about keywords and metadata for submitting songs
- Catalog Tracker to manage your catalog and music submissions
- Track who’s accepted your songs & where they’ve been licensed
OPTIONAL – LIVE ☆ Coaching Calls
- 6 months access to live coaching call training to help you master music licensing.
- Coaching call sessions last for about 1 hour.
- Group video calls. Join the live video and chat with the group face-to-face, or just watch and participate in the chat – whatever is most comfortable for you.
- Get your questions answered. Submit your questions ahead of time so you’ll always get your answers, even if you can’t make the live call.
- Join a community. When you sign up for Get Your Music Licensed plus Coaching, you’ll be joining a community of musicians all dedicated to licensing their music. You’ll grow your network through the calls and make connections that could lead to collaborations and licensing opportunities.
- Real-time brainstorming. Use these sessions to talk through your problem and let Joyce and the other talented members of the group give you a fresh perspective with ideas you may not have considered.
PLUS GET THESE BONUSES
Toolboxes to keep you current with the business
- Productivity toolbox for when you’re feeling overwhelmed
- Creativity toolbox for when you’re feeling uninspired
- Reading list to keep you up to date
WHAT IS THIS PROGRAM ALL ABOUT?
What is the Get Your Music Licensed program anyway?
Get Your Music Licensed is an online course created by songwriter and composer Joyce Kettering. The program walks you through a very practical approach to getting your music licensed. You’ll learn how to prepare your songs and tracks, how to submit to libraries and music supervisors, how to network in the industry, and how to keep yourself motivated. AND you’ll get 100+ free licensing leads to get started.
I don’t have a publisher. Can I still license my music?
Yes, yes YES! You do not need a publisher to license your music. Especially today, the licensing industry is more open and accessible than ever for indie musicians.
That being said… it does mean you need to put in the work to get things going. But luckily, the Get Your Music Licensed program walks you through all of that so you don’t need to figure it out on your own 🙂
What if I don’t live in the US? Will this apply to me?
Joyce actually lives in France, so this program is 100% applicable internationally. Joyce has taught students from the US, Russia, and many other countries. The internet has actually opened up the licensing industry internationally and a lot of the work you will do to license your music will be online. That means you can be successful no matter what country you’re based in.
I write in a really crazy genre. Will this apply to me?
Yes! In fact, Joyce has found that people who write in obscure genres may actually have an easier time licensing their music. There’s less competition, and once you establish yourself, you can be the go-to person for music in your niche.
Get Your Music Licensed won’t waste your time getting you to conform to the “most popular” licensing genres. Instead, you’ll learn how to find opportunities to get placements for the music you really enjoy writing.
Who is the Get Your Music Licensed program for?
- Songwriters and composers who want to focus solely on writing music. So if you’re not into touring but still want to make good money from music, this program will show you how.
- Musicians who write their own songs and want to make some extra money on the side. If you own the rights to your music you can license it. You’ll learn how to get your music in music libraries, which can be a great passive income stream for bands that are also touring and recording.
- Older musicians who have built up a big catalog of songs who maybe aren’t interested in grinding the gigging scene anymore. Your catalog of songs will be an invaluable resource to plug into music licensing!
Who is this program NOT for?
- If you don’t have any songs recorded, you won’t be able to take full advantage of this licensing course. We recommend you focus on writing and recording a few demo-quality songs first so you have something to pitch. Then you can come back and join the program 🙂
- If you don’t want to put in the work to get yourself off the ground, you should probably click off this page right now. In today’s music industry you need to set the groundwork for your own career. No publisher is going to swoop you up and take care of you until you establish yourself as a worthwhile investment.
How much time do I have to dedicate to this?
The program is designed to take 6 months with about at least an hour’s work per week. BUT, you do have lifetime access so you can take longer if your schedule doesn’t allow that level of commitment.
How soon will I start seeing results?
The results you get are directly related to the amount of work you put in and how far along you are already. If you already have a catalog of great quality recordings that are ready to send out, you should be able to see results quicker.
If your tracks aren’t ready for licensing yet, don’t worry! Joyce will walk you through the process step by step in the program.
If you put in the work, you should start seeing results in a few months, although we can’t guarantee anything. Joyce will teach you the long game. You’ll see exactly what it takes to create recurring revenue that grows over time.
What if I sign up and don’t like it?
We have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – sign up for either version of Get Your Music Licensed and if for any reason you don’t think it’s for you – just ask for your money back within 30 days and receive a complete refund.
Why should I sign up for the Coaching Version?
With these Coaching Calls, Joyce can dig much deeper into your situation and actually show you how things are done, walk through examples with your music, and brainstorm ideas with you in real time. Plus, she will ask you questions about your situation, giving her a better idea of what you need to move forward. In short, you will get a much more detailed analysis of your unique situation and clearly resolve any issues you may be having with your music over a 6 month period.
What if I can’t make a Coaching Call?
That’s okay! We know life can get in the way so we record every Coaching Call and make the video available in the Coaching Call archive library which you will have 24X7 access to for the entire 6 months. You can also submit any questions you have ahead of time, even if you can’t make the live call, and watch the recorded video to get your answers as if you were there.
Do I need to be on camera during the Coaching Calls if I’m not comfortable with it?
Not at all! You can join Joyce on-screen in the video chat, or you can keep your camera off and just listen if you want to and participate in the chat, just like texting. You can even submit your questions ahead of time so you don’t need to talk or chat at all. We definitely recommend participating on video – as you’ll get a lot more out of the sessions that way – but we respect everyone’s comfort levels.
Is there any software I need to participate in the Coaching Calls?
We use a video conferencing program called Zoom. It is free to download at zoom.us. You can use your phone, computer or laptop to join in the call, so long as you are connected to the internet.
Can I continue with Coaching after my 6 months are over?
Yes! You will have the opportunity to extend your Coaching Calls and add on another 6 months should you choose to continue. Joyce can be with you throughout your licensing journey for as long as you wish.
What topics can we discuss in the Coaching Calls?
Anything to do with music licensing and songwriting or the course itself! We will look at licensing opportunities together, brainstorm issues like how to create keywords and metadata for your songs, examine contracts and copyright, discuss deal points, talk about songwriting techniques to help you build your catalog faster, and much more. There’s no such thing as a stupid question!
This entire program comes with a 100% 30 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Sign up for either version of Get Your Music Licensed and if for any reason you don’t think it’s for you – just ask for your money back within 30 days and receive a complete refund 🙂