New Artist Model Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING ITS TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) AND ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THEREBY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE RULES.
1. OVERVIEW AND TIMING: New Artist Model’s Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will reward select winners for sharing posts from New Artist Model on Facebook or retweeting our posts on Twitter or elsewhere. By sharing posts on the New Artist Model website or on Facebook or retweeting us on Twitter, eligible participants will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Random drawings will be held by Cowboy Ventures, Inc. dba Dave Kusek’s New Artist Model (“Administrator”) following the end of the each sweepstakes period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to Facebook account-holders who have Internet access and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. Individuals under the age of majority in their state of residence (typically, 18), must obtain parental permission prior to participating in the Sweepstakes. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Cowboy Ventures, Inc. dba Dave Kusek’s New Artist Model (“Sponsor”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, providing of prizes and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must share posts on at http://www.facebook.com/newartistmodel asking Facebook users to share the post or retweeting posts from http://twitter.com/newartistmodel or http://twitter.com/davekusek asking Twitter users to retweet on Twitter.
Beginning in January 2014, New Artist Model offers ongoing class terms, with sweepstakes running during these terms periodically throughout the year “Sweepstakes Period.”
4. PRIZES: Prior to the start of each class term, one winner will win the New Artist Model’s Essential Class, with a retail value of $497.
5. SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNERS: Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the previous term’s Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winners will be notified via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Grand Prize Winner (or their parent/legal guardian if an eligible minor) will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Release”) which must be returned within five (5) days of the date such notice is sent or other such date selected by Administrator. If Prize notification or any Prize is returned as undeliverable, or if potential winner does not respond within 48 hours from the date of notification, or if potential winner does not return the Release as directed, the Prize will be forfeit and Administrator will choose an alternate potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries received during that Sweepstakes Period. Prize-winners are solely responsible to report and pay any applicable taxes on their Prize. By accepting a Prize, winners (or their parent/legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree that the Administrator and Sweepstakes Parties have the right to use winner’s name, entry and biographical information for advertising/promotional purposes, except where prohibited by law without notice or compensation.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants (or their parent/legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree that Administrator has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that all decisions of Administrator are final and binding. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and choose winners from the eligible entries received during the unaffected Sweepstakes Periods. In the event of any such early termination of the Contest or Sweepstakes for any reason at Administrator’s sole discretion, a notice will be posted on the Website and Sponsor’s website, www.newartistmodel.com. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS – AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Proof of judging in the Sweepstakes will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Administrator. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Boston, Massachusetts for the resolution of any disputes.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Administrator and other Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic,
wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (e) any inability to upload or download any information in connection with participation in the Contest or Sweepstakes; (f) inaccessibility of Administrator’s website and/or the Website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (ii) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or entry/judging transmissions; (iii) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (iv) destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive e-mail; (v) any typographical errors in the announcement of Prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website or Administrator’s website; and (vi) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance or use of any Prize or which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Website or Administrator’s website or the download of any information from the Website or Administrator’s website. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant (or their parent/legal guardian if an eligible minor) agrees to release and hold Administrator and Sweepstakes Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
9. WINNERS’ LIST/RULES REQUEST: For winner names or Official Rules, send your request with a self- addressed, stamped envelope postmarked specifying “Winners List” or “Rules Request” to: “New Artist Model, P.O. Box 331, Cohasset, MA 02025.
10. SPONSOR: Cowboy Ventures, Inc. dba Dave Kusek’s New Artist Model, P.O. Box 331, Cohasset, MA 02025
11. ADMINISTRATOR: Cowboy Ventures, Inc. dba Dave Kusek’s New Artist Model, P.O. Box 331, Cohasset, MA 02025